The path to better health and wellness is different for every person but always involves more than cutting calories and dropping pounds. Itís about making lifestyle changes that fit into daily living, produce significant results and reduce risks for serious health issues.
HNH Fitness offers a 12-week jumpstart to a lifetime of better health with its Prescription for Wellness program. This dynamic new concept in personal health management is a physician-supervised program and is a step beyond traditional diet and exercise plans.
A team of experienced medical staff, personal trainers and nutritionists design a wellness and fitness plan tailored specifically to each individualís health goals. The plan is created based on the person's current lifestyle and complete health picture. When necessary, team members work with the individualís physicians to co-manage medical conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and obesity.
The Prescription for Wellness plan is comprised of:
- A personalized, medically-based wellness assessment, which includes blood tests, a physical evaluation and medical history analysis.
- A customized healthy eating plan with nutrition counseling and regular visits with a registered dietician.
- Fitness sessions with top personal trainers, who will determine each individual's unique metabolic profile and develop a personal exercise plan that will maximize endurance and help achieve specific goals.
- Lifestyle wellness coaching that evaluates strengths and weaknesses and encourages behavior and lifestyle changes while creating an effective lifestyle plan that will last for the 12-week program and beyond.
- State-of-the-art tools to track each person's personal progress with 3D fitness imaging that uses body measurements and composition to create an avatar to monitor changes over time.
- Full access to HNH Fitness, which encompasses 23,000 square feet of fitness, exercise, sports medicine services and newly expanded physical therapy space.
For more information on Prescription for Wellness, call 201-833-3909 or email PrescriptionForWellness@holyname.org.